Digital Image Collections (authentication required with AU e-mail and password)
- ARTstor ARTstor is a digital library of more than one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences, with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes
- CAMIO-Catalog of Art Museum Images Online A resource of high-quality images of art from around the world, contributed and described by leading museums.
- Image Database at Scholes (MDID) Image Database at Scholes Library is a collection of images from the Scholes Library Visual Resources Collection and the Art History Division of the School of Art and Design.
- Oxford Art Online (including Grove Art) Grove Art Online provides access to the entire text of The Dictionary of Art, ed. Jane Turner (1996, 34 vols.) and The Oxford Companion to Western Art, ed. Hugh Brigstocke (2001).
Open Access Digital Image Collections
- Access Ceramics A growing collection of ceramic art. This collection was created to "fill a void in contemporary ceramics digital image collections on the web."
- VADS An online resource for the visual art, VADS contains forty-four image collections covering fine art, design, posters, ceramics, illustration, etc.
- Digital Library for the Decorative Arts and Material Culture: Image and Text Collections Collects and creates electronic resources for study and research of the decorative arts, with a particular focus on Early America. Included are electronic books from as early as the 1700's, images (ceramics, furniture, and prints) and web resources.
Please see the Visual Resources Research Guide for many more digital image collections.